- I have been a State-certified translator ENG–GER / GER–ENG (Focus: Law) as well as a Court-certified translator of the English language for the courts and notaries of Berlin since 2013.
- Moreover, I have been a German qualified attorney (Rechtsanwalt) and a qualified tax advisor (Steuerberater) since 2001 and 2006, respectively.
- I hold a Ph.D. (Dr. iur.) in public international law. My doctoral thesis was on a human rights subject, the so-called truth commissions (under that link you can find more details about my thesis and about a lecture I have given on the subject).
- I have lived, studied and worked abroad for more than 10 years: Raised in Brussels, I studied law among others in Paris and Washington, DC, where I obtained a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International & Comparative Law from George Washington University Law School. I worked in the team of the French Presiding Judge of one of the trial chambers of the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
- I have more than seven years’ professional experience in tax law with one of the ‘Big Four’ global auditing firms, where I advised and attended in English to international clients investing in German real estate, and where I further enhanced my intercultural skills in the process.
- My language skills include :
- German (native) [Level C2*]
- English (business fluent) [C2]
- French (business fluent) [C2]
- Spanish (fluent) [B2]
- Dutch (very good basic knowledge) [B1]
- Russian (basic knowledge) [A2]
- Latin (Latinum certificate)
* pursuant to the Common European Framework of Reference by the Council of Europe (pdf)